Do you suffer from chronic snoring? This issue can make sleep difficult for both you and your significant other. In fact, people with this common issue may actually be experiencing the symptoms of a serious sleep disorder. Fortunately, your dentist in Vista, CA can assess your sleep problems and recommend comfortable and minimally invasive treatment options.
Vista, CA Snoring Quiz
1. True or False: Snoring can be a warning sign of OSA.
2. True or False: There are many symptoms of sleep apnea.
3. True or False: You can reduce your OSA risk with a few simple steps.
4. True or False: Dr. Sabet offers sleep apnea solutions.
1. True. We snore when the soft tissues in out throat collapse and partially block airflow. As air is forced through, this vibrates the tissues, causing the loud, obnoxious snore. However, this could be a sign of obstructive sleep apnea, or OSA, which occurs when the airways are completely block by soft tissue and the patient stops breathing fir brief intervals during the night.
2. True. Patients with OSA may snore, experience daytime drowsiness, have trouble focusing at work, and wake up gasping for air or choking. Over time, this disorder can increase blood pressure and boost the risk of heart attack, depression, and stroke.
3. True. To decrease your risk of OSA or snoring, avoid consuming alcohol before bed. Also, don’t take sedatives or antihistamines prior to bed. If you are overweight, lose weight with diet and exercise. Finally, trying sleeping on your side and make sure your bedroom is dark, cool, and free of TVs or computers.
4. True. To addressing this problem, your dentist in Vista, CA may offer an oral appliance. Similar in appearance to a mouth guard, but much more complex, this device will reposition the jaw to keep airways open, so you can breathe and rest easy.
About Your Vista Dentist
Dr. Alexander A. Sabet strives for clinical excellence in a comforting environment. Your dentist in Vista, CA provides superb preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry for patients of all ages. Dr. Sabet’s various services include teeth whitening, TMJ treatment, and sedation dentistry. To learn more about his services or to schedule a consultation, call (760) 724-9117. Dr. Sabet proudly treats patients from Vista and the surrounding areas of Carlsbad, Ocean side, San Marcos, and Escondido.