Teeth Bonding in Vista
Do you have minor issues with your teeth that make you feel less-than-confident about your smile? Whether its physical damage, discoloration, or alignment issues, dental bonding may be the right choice for you. More cost-effective than veneers, and more conservative than dental crowns, bonding provides a happy medium for achieving a beautiful, bright, and esthetically pleasing smile.
What is Teeth Bonding?
Dental bonding is an additive process during which Dr. Amiri uses a white composite resin material to restore your tooth or teeth. This is the same composite material used for tooth-colored fillings. The material is color-matched to your original dentition, or a brighter shade is chosen if the bonding process is used as a teeth-whitening method.
Bonding can be used to address a variety of cosmetic issues, including to:
- Fill spaces between teeth
- Camouflage discoloration and tooth stains
- Repair cracks and small chips
- Lengthen your teeth if they appear too short for your smile and facial features
What Are the Benefits?
Dental bonding offers benefits that other cosmetic treatments may not. When deciding which treatment best suits your needs, all advantages and disadvantages should be taken into account. Cosmetic bonding is fast, easy, cost effective, and painless. Other advantages associated with bonding include:
- Bonding can improve small cracks or damage without resorting to a crown
- Bonding is an easy and cost-effective way to provide teeth whitening to individuals whose dentition is sensitive or resistant to bleaching
- Bonding can improve awkwardly shaped teeth
- Dental composite can be used to cover exposed roots resulting from periodontal disease or receding gums
- Bonding camouflages physical damage
- Composite bonding is more cost-effective and less invasive than porcelain veneers
Am I a Good Candidate?
If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your smile, and prefer a fast, easy, and cost-effective way to improve its esthetic value, then you are a good candidate for cosmetic dental bonding. Dental bonding is an easy way to repair chips, cracks, or other physical damage; whiten teeth by covering discoloration and stains; fill gaps between teeth; cover exposed roots due to gum disease or recession; and enlarge or lengthen teeth. If you are interested in knowing more about bonding, contact Dr. Amiri. By simply adding a cosmetic resin material to your teeth, he can provide you with a uniform and satisfying smile.